Ped-e-Go Electric Bicycle
What’s better than riding a premium electric bicycle? How about riding one that you designed from the tires on up? Pedego definitely fits into the category of premium electric bikes. And now, the folks at Pedego electric cycles are offering you the chance to build the electric bike of your dreams; and if that isn’t good enough, they’re also giving you the opportunity to win the bike that you designed. Just visit the Pedego Facebook page and enter to win!!
What Makes Pedego eBikes different?
Pedego electric bikes “combine style and function to open up cycling to anyone who might otherwise not be getting the benefits from bike riding.” Some of the features of Pedego that are either unique or noteworthy include:
- They are built for comfort with ergonomically designed seats and handlebars.
- They include many step-through models so riders don’t have to straddle a crossbar.
- They come with two battery sizes: 37 volt or 48 volt
- They have an internal hub motor that is quiet and powerful
- They can be operated with or without pedaling.
- They have numerous dealer locations.
- They allow you to customize your bike with various colors, styles, tires, motor size and accessories.
- They come with a limited warranty.
- And most important, they are a lot of fun!!!
Pedego Electric Bike Test Ride
Pedego requires all their dealers to offer test drives to interested consumers. I had the opportunity to test ride a Pedego electric vehicle provided by Colorado’s SmallPlanet eVehicles out of Longmont. I started out by maneuvering it through the parking lot of City of Cuernevaca Park near downtown Denver. Then I had the opportunity for a fairly long ride on the Platte River Trailall the way from Denver to Thornton. I was impressed by numerous Pedego qualities
- The ride was incredibly quiet and smooth.
- The battery seemed to last forever. After riding for over 12 miles, the power indicator was still near the full mark.
- I liked the option of using a combination of pedal and electric power or throttle powered propulsion. This gave me full control of how much exercise I was getting as opposed to how much electrical boost the bike was giving me.
- The controls on the bike were easy to find and use after only a short amount of time.
I have been pleased by the quality and selection of electric bikes out there. Pedego is a great example of how electric bikes are continually improving to meet the needs of both bicyclists and electric vehicle enthusiasts. Such electric bikes are making it possible for people of all ages and abilities to join the cycling revolution. In the long run, that will be good for the environment, for fitness and for recreation.
Best for use on: Paved trails or roads, Gravel trails, Level to moderate trails
Best used for: Commuting, Recreation, Short to moderate excursions, daily chores