Ridekick Electric Bike Trailer
Ridekick electric trailer
Make Any Bike an Electric Bike
If you’d like the benefits of an electric bike while still retaining the benefits of your regular bike, then the Ridekick is the perfect solution for you. Ridekick is an electric trailer that you hook to your bike; the trailer then pushes your bike whenever you need a little extra help or a little extra speed. It’s the perfect solution for people who don’t want to invest in yet another bike but who want to have an occasional electric bike experience.
Benefits of the Ridekick Electric Bicycle Trailer
I was a big fan of the Ridekick from the moment I first heard about it. What a great idea!! If you’re anything like me, you already have a favorite bike or two. You probably also have limited storage space. (Which may be a good thing or we’d have our favorite two dozen bikes.) The Ridekick allows you to hang onto your old bike while still adding the convenience of an electric bicycle to your stable of personal transportation vehicles. So here are some of the other benefits of the Ridekick Electric Bicycle Trailer:
- The Ridekick doesn’t take up a lot of space in your garage, house, apartment or patio.
- The Ridekick allows you to carry items like groceries or work supplies.
- The Ridekick fits on most bikes, tandems, & recumbents.
- The Ridekick can be interchanged between several of your personal transportation vehicles.
- Purchasing the Ridekick to add to your current bike is less expensive than buying a new electric bicycle.
- Since the Ridekick has extra storage space, you can carry along extra batteries; this provides you with a longer powered ride.
- The Ridekick is quiet.
- The Ridekick allows you to power up hills and do battle with nasty headwinds.
- The Ridekick allows you to ride at up to 19 miles per hour.
- The Ridekick can be installed in under 15 minutes. Subsequent installations can take just a matter of seconds.
- Ridekicks start at around $700 for a basic unit with the lead acid battery.
- Ridekicks can be purchased with either a lead acid battery or a lithium battery.
- The Ridekick has a range of about 10 – 12 miles with the lead acid battery and 25 miles with the lithium battery.
- The Ridekick provides a weather-proof storage case with a built-in combination lock.
display panel & battery
- Allows you to turn your bike into an electric vehicle without actually modifying your bike.
- touring (I would love to take this on a long-distance rail-trail)
- showing off
- school trips
Best for use on: Paved trails or roads, Gravel trails, Level to moderate trails
Best used for: Commuting, Recreation, Short excursions, Touring