Enter Trail Information on Trailsnet.com
It’s been a few months now since the Trail Information Entry System was updated on Trailsnet.com. The good news… We’ve had more people subscribe to the site than ever before. Our subscriber numbers have skyrocketed. The bad news… Not one person has entered trail information since the new system was implemented. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that something is drastically wrong. Once again, I apologize to our international trail lovers. I know I promised to expand Trailsnet worldwide, but that would cost more money for the upgrade and that doesn’t make sense if the system isn’t working efficiently yet. Once I get the current system working, I’ll update to international trails also. (BTW, even if you are from a country outside the U.S., you can still look at the trail submission form and give feedback.)
Please Enter Trail Information on Trailsnet
So I’ve got a favor to ask. If you tried to enter trail information on Trailsnet.com, please provide some feedback on how the process went. You can do that by either leaving feedback in the comments section below or by using the Contact button in the navigation menu above. If you haven’t entered trail information yet, I invite you to please give it a try. You can do it with absolutely any type of trail and/or any length of trail. The initial process is easy, but what I mainly need to know is, “Do I have too many REQUIRED fields?”
Process for Adding a Trail to Trailsnet.com
To add a trail to Trailsnet, all you have to do is:
- Click on the Add a New Trail button located in the horizontal navigation bar above.
- Fill in the required (and hopefully some of the optional) information as listed in the menu.
- Many of the fields are simply multiple choice options.
- If you have a GPX file to add, that’s great but not required.
- Click on the Submit Trail button at the very bottom of the menu.
- If you are a brand new subscriber, it will ask you the usual questions for new subscribers, but the process is simple, painless & confidential. As always, your information will not be shared with anyone else.
Required Trail Information
Here is a list of the required information. Please let me know if you think this is too much required material and which specific required items aren’t really needed.
- Name of Trail
- Name of state that the trail is located in
- Trail length
- Trail (length) range (This just lets readers know the general mileage range of the trail. If you know the specific length, then the range is simple to enter.)
- General Location (For this, you can enter a town, county, park, forest or anything to give readers a little more information other than the state where the trail is located.)
- Trail surface(s)
- Trail type
- Trail uses (These last three are all check boxes, so it will be clear what to do when you see the choices.)
- Starting point
- Ending point (basically, these last two tell people where the trailheads are located and provide more specific information than the General Location from above)
- Trail Summary (very brief blurb about trail that will go in sidebar)
- Trail Information (More detailed info about the trail. This can be any length and allows you to be brief or wax poetic.)
I know this seems like an awful long list and maybe it is too long. That’s what I’d like you to tell me in the comments below.