Nothing Beats a Good Tent…
… after a hard day on the trail. But finding a good family tent is difficult. Most backpacking tents are too small &/or not very durable for family camping. Fortunately, TentLab has created a great tent for those family backpacking trips.. or canoe trips or even car-camping trips.
Strong Tent Holds up to High Winds
Nothing is worse than trying to get a good night’s sleep with a tent wall flapping in your face. Between the slap-slap sound of the tent snapping in the breeze, the feel of the tent fabric slapping you in the face and that sinking feeling that you’re going to wake up in another state, you can’t get a wink of sleep. And it’s even worse when you’ve got scared kids and a cranky spouse sharing the tent with you.
Mike Cecot, of Tentlab in Louisville, Colorado, has come up with a tent design that is great for family camping, and he’s hoping to fund its development in a Kickstarter campaign. Mike’s tent design has numerous features that will please you family campers:
- The tent is extremely sturdy and especially durable in windy conditions.
- The tent has lots of mesh windows for viewing starry skies & beautiful scenery.
- The mesh also provides pretty decent ventilation on hot days.
- The tent is bigger than your average backpacking tent yet is surprising compact & lightweight.
- The tent is easy to assemble and has lots of little special amenities such as:
- extra back-up zippers
- extra grommets & carabiners for hanging items on the side of the tent
- cool porthole windows in addition to the skylight roof windows
- an extremely durable rainfly
So if you’d like to see a great tent for family outdoor adventures, visit Mike’s Kickstarter page and help him get this project off the ground so your family’s tent will stay on the ground.