Fenix CL30R Camping Lantern Review
The Fenix CL30R Camping Lantern is one tough cookie… and, unlike other tough cookies, it’s also waterproof to IPX-7 standards. But the fun just begins there. Fenix camping lanterns are definitely made with the great outdoors in mind. With 650 lumens of lighting power, they provide ample illumination for your tent, camper or around the campground. And one of the most awesome camp lantern features is a USP charging port that allow you not only to recharge the lantern but also to charge your other electronic devices. So in addition to providing light around your campsite, this powerful camping lantern also allows you to keep your smart phone or tablet charged.
Convenient Camping Light
The Fenix CL30R makes a great camping light for many different reasons:
- Size – At 5.4″ tall & 3.7″ in diameter, the Fenix CL30R Camping Lantern is small enough to easily fit into your camping gear without taking up too much room.
- Power – With up to 650 lumens of light output, you won’t lack for illumination around your campsite.
- Versatility – This may be my favorite feature of the Fenix CL30R Lantern. First, it can stand on its own on a picnic table or other (fairly) flat surface. But it also has a handle for hanging the lantern in your tent, camper or from a convenient hook or limb around your campsite.
- Useful – The designers from Fenix Lighting pulled out all the stops when they planned the CL30R Camping Lantern. It has six different lighting modes to suit all of your
camping needs and to save power when necessary. The light modes include eco, low, medium, high, turbo and strobe/blinking. Depending on conditions, the eco mode provides 10 lumens of lighting power and can last up to 300 hours.
- Durable- This Fenix camping light is both waterproof and cold-resistant, so it stands up to most inclement camping conditions.
Fenix Camping Lantern Passed the Trailsnet Camp Lighting Test
The Fenix CL30R Camping Lantern easily passed the Trailsnet Camp Light Testing Process. It provided ample lighting while also allowing for long battery life. The camp light illumination
was evenly distributed and sufficient for utilitarian campsite purposes and also for reading trail maps in even the darkest conditions. It was definitely rugged enough to stand up to high-altitude camping conditions while also being easy to stow and store. During the testing process, I had one question about the batteries, so I called the Fenix Lighting customer service team. My question was answered with professionalism and courtesy, thus passing the customer service test with flying colors. Fenix Lighting also carries a full line of other outdoor lights including flashlights, headlamps and bike lights. I look forward to testing their bicycle lights sometime soon.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one Fenix CL30R Camping Lantern for free from Fenix Lighting in consideration for a gear review.