Segment 3 of the Colorado Trail
This trail guide is part of a Trailsnet series especially designed for Colorado Trail mountain bikers & hikers who are tackling the CO Trail one segment at a time. Here are some tips for riding or hiking this trail:
- It is slightly easier to do this trail from west to east.
- If you prefer filtering water from a clear mountain stream, there are several of those on this segment of the CO Trail.
- Figure on about three hours for biking this trail segment and six hours for hiking it. Times will vary based on weather, trail conditions and your ability.
- A good book for navigating the Colorado Trail is The Colorado Trail: The Official Guidebook of the Colorado Trail Foundation.
- Since this segment of the trail is near Denver, CO, your best bet is to ride or hike it on a weekday. Early September is often a great time for this portion of the CO Trail.
- Pack plenty of sunscreen, rain-gear, water and trail snacks.
- Please do not litter. Pack it in; pack it out.
EveryTrail - Find the best Hiking in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Suggested LodgingDenver or Conifer
Great restaurants in Conifer, CO
Suggested Bike Rental / Repair
Add your bike company here